Monday, February 13, 2012

St. Valentine's Day Cocoa with Sprinkles


This isn't really a recipe, more of just a fun tip for decorating glasses for St. Valentine's Day Cocoa. I already posted about it at Shower of Roses, but I thought I'd go ahead and share it here too.

Supplies:

Glass Coffee Mugs (mine are very similar to these ones, though handpainted by a friend)
White Chocolate Chips or Candy Melts, melted
Sprinkles
Your Favorite Hot Cocoa or Coffee Drink
Whipped Cream (I made mine in a couple minutes with some heavy cream, my iSi Easy Whip and some Chocolate Liquid Stevia


Directions:

Dip the rims of the coffee mugs into the melted chocolate.
Dip again into a bowl of sprinkles, coating the rim of the mug.
Let sit for a minute or two to harden.
Fill mug with hot cocoa.
Top with whipped cream and additional sprinkles.

*As Sarah mentioned in the comments at Shower of Roses, these could easily be modified for St. Patrick's Day using green sprinkles, or for Christmas uisng red/green... the options are endless!


I hope you all have a very happy feast of St. Valentine!
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. My kids are going to love it when they get home today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this looks so yummy! This idea is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absoloutley love your creativity, the colours are freat and it looks ravishing!
    Fantastic!!!!
    www.bestbuycafe.com
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete