Thursday, September 20, 2012

St. Matthew's Silver Dollar Pancakes


September 21st is the feast of St. Matthew the Apostle and Evangelist. Since St. Matthew was a tax-collector and often symbolized by a bag of coins or loose coins, I thought Silver Dollar Pancakes would be perfect for celebrating his feast day! 


You can make these using your own favorite pancake recipe, a gluten-free recipe, or my favorite which can be found in the archives.   This time, however, I'm planning on using an extra quick and easy Pancake Mix!   My husband has been out-of-state on a wildfire assignment (today is only day 8 of 16) and I'm on my own with our seven kiddos.  Quick and easy is about all I can manage at the moment! 


Once you have your pancake batter ready to go, heat a griddle or frying pan until it is good and hot.  (Or you can use a Silver Dollar Pancake Pan, if you happen to have one on hand.)  Grease the pan and drop spoonfuls of batter onto the griddle - just enough to spread to an approximately 2 1/2-inch round.  (I used a 1 Tablespoon Scoop for this step.)  


When a few bubbles form on top of the pancakes, flip them over and cook for another minute or so.  



Repeat the process until all of the batter has been used. Transfer pancakes to warm plates and serve with your favorite syrup.
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. So clever ... silver dollar pancakes for St. Matthew. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jessica, I love the idea of this blog. Thank you! I see that you have AIP foods and recipes on your other blog. Can you suggest AIP versions of these foods to celebrate with the Church?

    ReplyDelete