Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Heavenly Angels


My plan for today had been to make Heavenly Angel Cookies inspired by this recipe from Kraft, which we hadn't been able to get to during our recent A is for Angels study.  They didn't turn out anything like I had pictured, but I thought I would go ahead and share them with you anyways... Next year I think I'll make Charlotte's variation or just stick with Angel Food Cake!

Ingredients 
  • 1 OREO White Fudge Covered Cookies  (These must be seasonal, since I couldn't find them anywhere... Instead I tried using Golden Oreos and Coconut Delight Oreos.. Not the same, but those Coconut Delight Fudge Cremes are delish!)
  • 1-2 individually wrapped round hard candies, unwrapped  (I just used one for each angel)
  • 1 yellow ring-shaped hard candy
  • 2 Tbsp. white frosting  (I used white candy/chocolate, melted)



Directions

Cut the cookie with sharp knife into 3 pieces to form the body and wings. (The wings should be about 3/8-inch wide at the widest part and the body section should be about 1/2-inch wide at the narrowest part.)

NOTE:  Since I wasn't able to find the White Fudge Covered Oreos, we ended up covering the whole angel bodies with melted white chocolate/candy.

Arrange the cookie pieces on sheet of wax paper to resemble an angel (cookie pieces will not touch at this point). Attach wings to the body with icing (or melted chocolate); fill in the space between the body and wings with more icing. Attach the head to the body with remaining icing (stacking two candies if using a thick cookie), and the yellow candy to the head for the halo.  Let stand until icing (or melted chocolate) is completely dry.


Holy Guardian Angels, pray for us!

Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment