Friday, March 11, 2016

Meatless Meals :: Chunky Tuna Salad Wraps

I just finished sharing this recipe for one of my new favorite meatless meals over at Shower of Roses and decided I'd share it here at Catholic Cuisine as well! I hope you are all having a blessed Lent!


 Chunky Tuna Salad Wraps
adapted from The Healing Kitchen

Directions and Ingredients:
  • 2 - 5oz cans Wild Planet Albacore Tuna (I buy it at Costco.) 
  • 2/3 cup red grapes, quartered
  • 2/3 cup celery, diced
  • 1/2 cup dried apricots, diced
  • 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
  • 3 tablespoons shallots, diced
  • 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt

Mix all ingredients together until well combined.

Make Avocado Mayo:  (Note: I halve the cookbook's recipe and use the following.)
  • 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
  • 1/8 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
  • 3/4 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
  • 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Place avocado in blender. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil until combined. Add the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth.

Add 1/2 cup Avocado Mayo to Chunky Tuna Salad. Mix until combined.
  • Baby Spinach or Mixed Greens
  • Paleo Wraps - Original or Tumeric (I've had my eye on these ever since I started my AIP diet last March... My husband convinced me to splurge on them during one of our recent grocery shopping date nights. I love them and it's so nice to be able to eat a wrap made with something more than just lettuce again!) 

Place a bed of baby spinach or mixed greens and a scoop or two of chunky tuna on top of a Paleo Wrap and roll up.

Serve with Inka Plantain Chips.


Pin It

2 comments: