Tuesday, July 12, 2016

A Simple Treat for the Feast of Sts. Louis & Zélie Martin


Happy feast of Sts. Louis & Zélie Martin!  Today is the first time we celebrate their feast as canonized saints! I had hoped to have time to bake another French Vanilla Cake and Cupcakes in Honor of the Watchmaker and Lace Maker but our schedule was too full and I had to simplify. After searching through the pantry I decided to simply twist open some Oreo cookies, decorate each as a "watch face" using some melted chocolate, and then serve them on top of small rose covered lace paper doilies.


Tip: After twisting open the cookies, scrape off any cookie crumbs with the smooth side of a knife.


I just cut off the corner of a snack baggie and squeezed the melted chocolate through the small hole to decorate each cookie. Not perfect by any means, but my little ones loved them!  You can see the rest of our celebration over at Shower of Roses


Sts. Louis & Zélie Martin, pray for us! 

Pin It

2 comments: